Friday, April 29, 2011

A royal speed painting.

Here is a quick 1 hour speed I did today, I would like to dedicate it to the royal wedding ;D .. I saved off one chunk so there could atleast be some progess to look at. I think what's hurting me lately is I'm starting to paint with no direction to go in. I don't know if I am going to paint a character, a landscape, or the back of some dudes head in front of me. I think in the future, I am going to atleast set some kind of goal. here is the final. I really just have two steps saved that were probably at the 20 minute interval and then a bit later. I stopped myself at the hour mark on the dot.. even though I felt this one could use alot more.. time to paint faster!



Here was the first brickout.. where I had completely no idea where I was going. I was basically smacking down some muted color and and a way to dark of a shape. During this phase I flip and shift the image like crazy till I can find something that catches my eye. I try to keep everything as middle tone as I can for as long as I can.. then once I start punching value in, everything comes to life.




Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Jeremy D said...

I think this is pretty cool! It's like a giant alien character meets epic God of War boss.. and Kratos has to propel himself into its chest cavity to take down the heart of Gaia.